Sunday, February 7, 2010

1.5 Tons to the Landfill today! Kitchen Demolition!

I saved about $200.00 by "doing it myself"...
Instead of renting a dumpster for about $300.00 for a week...I rented a U-Haul truck and loaded 1 and 1/2 tons of plaster, plywood, vinyl floor, cabinetry, sub floor, and a range into the U-haul myself.
Each Newport resident gets 2 "free" trips to the transfer station on the island (Waste Management).  Total cost, about $80.00 with renting the truck and I bought 18 gallon storage containers to put the broken plaster into.
 
  

I worked 15 hours on Saturday 2/6/2010 to install new insulation on the 2 exterior walls.  Today I am renting a "hardwood floor" pneumatic nailer to install 400 square feet of white oak flooring

 
Will send new pics soon of the new floor INSTALLED

No comments:

Post a Comment