Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Tearing out the old kitchen!

By nature, I am a "creative person".
But I cannot tell you how much FUN DEMOLITION IS!
Sledge hammers, pry bars, crow bars, skill saws, sawzalls...
Tearing out the cabinets, piece by piece!
Tearing out the counter tops, and the cast iron sink, disposer.
The plumbing leaked, so I had to run to the hardware store and buy a new valve.
Cut the old valve off, and solder a new one on!
I had to tear out all the drywall. Tear out the CAST IRON kitchen radiator! Weighs 125 pounds!
And the old 12 x 12 linoleum tiles, then tear out the old sub floor!
Man, was I sore after that.
These first photos show all the new wiring for all new outlets, lighting above and below the cabinets, new electric for the appliances, disposer, etc.













No comments:

Post a Comment